Friday 31 December 2010


hello to any lovely people that started reading my blog in 2010...i hope you continue into our shiny and new 2011...i'd like that.

i thought i would do a rather self-centred blog post, looking back on what i promised myself last year...did i do it? did i fail? what can i take forward? sorry if you were hoping for pictures of bunnies and silly jumpers...but i'm bloody reflective damn it...!

1. draw more. you have 2 really nice ink pens...use them.
I think this was me just wanting to be creative again. i love drawing with my ink pens but i've found an outlet that is more rewarding than doodling in a notebook. so nope, didn't draw more. but i'm not going to beat myself up about it...x
2. pass your driving test on the 1st attempt (and stop holding your breath when you change gear..it doesn't help.)
I didn't pass on the first attempt...but i passed on the second! and i chewed gum the whole way round so that i physically could not hold my breath. top tip there for you, learner drivers! x
3. get a new "direction" that actually makes you feel like you are working towards something/learning/progressing....you deserve better.
Haha, this was my "brilliant" code for get a new job (in case anyone at work was reading). Well, I did get a new job, I got promoted within my company. But....I want more...and by this time next year, I am going to be a Junior Copywriter. You watch me.....x
4. spend more time with your top people that you love...they are so so so important.
I don't think we ever feel like we spend enough time with the people we love...life gets so busy. However, this year I have made some amazing new friends and developed stronger bonds with people I already knew...I am thankful for all of you....let's do stuff in 2011 yeah? x
5. move out and live closer to london so that point 4 is easier to acheive...aim for the lifestyle that other 20somethings seem to be living, even if it is all chatter and fluff.
yeah, didn't move out...so that is pretty much first on the checklist for 2011! BUT...i have had so much fun this year...it finally felt like it was all coming together. x
6. continue with the crafty mini-business ambitions....start up on etsy, get a website & promote yourself.
YES! I am so proud of what I have achieved with pixielated this year! Looking back, it has made me so happy..it has been hard work at times, and I haven't wanted to LOOK at a crochet hook, but it has totally been worth it. Next year, I am hoping to re-stock my shop with new stuff and can't wait for my second photoshoot with Dave...onwards and upwards! x
7. read all the books you have collected and not read yet.
I have collected more books and not read those either. I need to go on more beach holidays in 2011...that will sort this out...x
8. reconsider the blonde....attempt pastel coloured hair if appropiate.
I reconsidered the blonde on many many many occasions...but i just can't take the plunge....and no, pastel hair is never appropiate over the age of 19. x
9. force yourself to exercise.
I did Davina's exercise video about 6 times. x
10. ignore outside influences (and be the person you would be if there were no other people in the world.)
To the best of my ability, I think I have done. x

So to 2011....be stronger, take care, be healthy, love, understand, listen, be quiet, be louder, consider, look forward, work hard, be creative, wear what you like, stop buying things in Superdrug when you are tired, be grateful, be a friend.

Happy New Year...Let's make it ours.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment